Location: Houston, Texas
Phone: (281) 890-7090
Ernest Martin has been a member of Currier & Martin, PLLC since its formation in 1996, practicing in Harris County, Texas and surrounding counties. Prior to moving to Texas in 1996, Ernest spent 10 years in the insurance industry as a claims attorney and continues to use that experience in his contracts and personal injury practice. Since the formation for Currier & Martin, Ernest has become primarily a family law attorney, but still engages in general civil matters that cover a broad range of disciplines. Mr. Martin is a licensed civil and family law mediator and conducts private mediations with a strong track record of successful case resolutions. He continues voluntary mediations for the Harris County Dispute Resolution Center.
Areas of Practice
Family Law Matters including Divorce, Custody, Paternity, Child Support, Visitation, Enforcements, Modifications, Adoptions, Collaborative Divorce, Name Changes, Marital Agreements and Mediations; Collections, Contracts, Personal Injury, Real Estate, Homeowner’s Association matters; Mediations.
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar College
- Collaborative Divorce Texas
- Collaborative Divorce Houston
Education and Employment
- Doane College, Crete Nebraska, B.A. 1986;
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D. 1989
- Allied Group Insurance Co. 1987 to 1993;
- American International Group 1993;
- Gulf Group Insurance Co. 1993 to 1995;
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group 1995 to 1996;
- Currier & Martin, PLLC 1996 to present.
Currier & Martin in the Community
2020-01-28 – Planning for When – Collaborative Divorce with Ernie Martin
“When 5050 is not equal” with Ernie Martin – Planning for When Podcast with Kevin Pinkley
- Lone Star Radio Presentation – Childrens Issues in Divorce
Ernest Martin partners with Kevin Pinkley to discuss planning for children’s issues during divorce
- Lone Star Radio Presentation – Community Property in Texas
Ernest Martin partners with Kevin Pinkley to discuss how Community Property works in Texas