Currier & Martin PLLC

divorce Archives

Various reasons you may be able to request a custody modification

As a parent, it's completely normal for you to want the best for your child, which likely involves spending the majority of you time living with them. There's a fine line, though, between a justifiable reason to request a custody modification and an emotionally-charged, potentially frivolous one.

Costs that child support isn't intended to cover in Texas

Child support is generally paid by the noncustodial parent to the parent who retains primary physical custody to help cover the basis expenses associated with raising a child. Even if the noncustodial parent is ordered to pay the maximum support amount, though, it frequently falls short of covering all the extra expenses that arise in raising a child.

What happens with federal benefits when you separate or divorce?

If you're either a current or retired federal employee considering leaving your spouse, then you might wonder what becomes of your Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) if you divorce. Fortunately, the federal government has a clear plan when it comes to what happens with benefits at each stage including separation, annulment and divorce.

Why Texans are experiencing an uptick in divorce rates

A National Center for Health Statistics study suggests that divorce rates are highest in Texas and throughout the southern part of the United States than any other region of the country. The researchers also found that this population experiences much longer second marriages than any other. They argue that the latter trend can be attributed to the fact that people remarry much more quickly in this region than any other.

What documents to compile to substantiate a spousal support claim

If you hire an attorney to handle your divorce case, then most likely on one of your first visits, he or she will go over a number of personal financial details prior to spelling out a game plan for reaching a swift settlement. Your attorney might even send you home with a list of financial documents to source to better substantiate your claim for spousal support or alimony.

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

Currier & Martin PLLC

Currier & Martin PLLC
12777 Jones Road
Suite 165
Houston, TX 77070

Phone: 281-407-1550
Fax: 281-890-6135
Map & Directions